Thursday, November 27, 2014
A faluda recipe
A delicious faluda recipe. since the falooda recipe is very easy, sharing a few steps:
1. soak the sabja seeds in enough water for about 30 mins. when they swell up, drain them and keep aside.
2. prepare the falooda sev according to package instructions. some require just soaking the falooda sev in warm water. i had to cook them in boiling water much like noodles. once they are cooked, rinse them in
water and keep aside. just chop them before cooking if they are long. the ones i had got, were already small sized.
3. in about 4 tall serving glasses each, add the rose syrup first. you can add about 1.5 to 2 tbsp rose syrup depending on your taste as well as the size of the glass. 2 tbsp of rose syrup make it more sweet.
4. then add the soaked and drained sabja
5. add the falooda sev.
6. add about 3/4 to 1 cup chilled milk in a slow stream taking care that the milk does not mix with the rose syrup and the sabja seeds. the layers have to be visible and that is what makes the falooda visually testy
7. finally add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
8. top with sliced pistachios, golden raisins and sliced almonds. serve falooda immediately.